Verona (Vera) Poguljsky Hoffer was born on May 29, 1942, in Novi Sad, Yugoslavia (now Serbia), near the banks of […]Continue reading »
Texas Adventist Emergency Communications (TAEC) was founded in Keene, TX to aid the Seventh-Day Adventist Community Services in time of disaster. It was the dream of George Schram, Texas Conference Disaster Center Director at the time, for many years before it was finally implemented in 1995 with the help of Gerald Mohr, current reigning President. During the Houston floods of 1994, over $2000 in cell phone calls were made! After this natural disaster, we finally got together to make an organization under the umbrella of Adventist Community Services that would go along with the first wave of people to a disaster site and set up communications between all the different locations that were to be set up. It is planned that this will greatly decrease the cost of communications during disasters.
- QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo Coming Again Soon – Official EmailThe next QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo is a month away, Live from August 14-15, 2021 and then on-demand for 30 days. It’s a great experience for those that want to improve their amateur radio knowledge and get exposed to new ideas, cutting edge ham radio technology, and practical techniques. And no need to travel […]
- Amateur Radio Community Invited to Take Part in MARS Exercise on 60 Meters04/07/2021Radio amateurs are invited to take part in the MARS exercise now under way until April 10 in support of the US Department of Defense. The five USB channelized 60-meter frequencies are available for interoperability (communication between services). By convention, Channel 1 is designated the calling channel. This convention is established to train the amateur […]
- It’s The End Of An EraWell, it is official! As of December, 23, 2020, Ham-Com is no more. Yesterday, the president of Ham-Com, inc posted this on the ham-com website: It is with a heavy heart that I write this letter about the future of Ham-Com. After 41 years, Ham-Com has decided to close its doors in lieu of the […]
- Skywarn Recognition Day – 2020December 5, 2020 from 0000z to 2400z SKYWARN™ Recognition Day was developed in 1999 by the National Weather Service and the American Radio Relay League. It celebrates the contributions that volunteer SKYWARN™ radio operators make to the National Weather Service. During the day SKYWARN™ operators visit NWS offices and contact other radio operators across the […]
- I Got A New Pickup!!Recently, my wife and I started to ride bike with our kids. We wanted to have something that we could do to help get our kids out of the house and get some exercise. When we first got our bikes, I had a 2012, or maybe it was a 2014, Kia Forte and my wife […]